EDIT: New eReaders arrived! We recommend the Kindle Fire HD, and here you can find a great Kindle Fire review. If you want it only for reading purpose, then get either the best price all-new Kindle (the simplest & most handy e-reader), or the Kindle Paperwhite (with built-in light for reading in the dark, and for more convenient touch screen control).
Being in the loop within the reading and book industries we sometimes get the chance to review some hot products. Today I am sharing my thoughts on one of those products, the Amazon Kindle.
For those who are unfamiliar with the Kindle, it’s an eBook reading device that allows you to read your latest novel, magazine, newspaper, or blog on one device. It has the look of paper with an e-Ink screen, and it’s about the size of a paperback novel.
The Kindle is the second version of this device, and it has some excellent improvements that make this one worth adding to you “order it now” list.
If you had the chance to use the first Kindle, then there are a few things you’ll notice when you pick up the new Amazon Kindle. First the new device is slimmer and lighter than its predecessor. In fact, the new version weighs in at just 10.2 ounces, and at only 1/3 of inch thick it is much thinner than the old Kindle.
The next thing you’ll notice when you pick up the Amazon Kindle is the improved keyboard, and strategically located page turning buttons. Customers of the old Kindle complained about how easy it was to accidently flip the pages. That problem is gone with Amazons follow up device.
Where this one really shines though, is when you get into the actual features that Amazon has put into the new Kindle. Features like:
- 3G Wireless access lets you buy and download books anywhere, anytime, and without having to search for a Wi-Fi host-spot, and with no wireless access fees.
- Millions of titles for the Kindle which you can download for free on Amazon.
- Over 50,000 Kindle books which you get at the price of under $1.
- An improved display that looks even more like real paper, and provides crisper images.
- An improved battery life that will keep you reading for days on just a single charge.
- More storage that allows you to take more than 1500 books with you wherever you go.
- Improved page turning speeds. This takes care of the other common complaint with the first version of the Kindle.
You would think that with all of those additions that Amazon would have stopped there. Really they could have, and it still would have been a large enough improvement to lead many to upgrade to this new version. They didn’t stop their though, they also added read-to-me.
The new read-to-me is a text-to-speech system that will let you listen to your Kindle at the push of a button. If you’re on the road and you still want to get the latest news, catch up on your blog reading, or finish that novel, the Kindle will read it to you while you’re on the go.
After seeing this one for myself I am highly recommending the new Amazon Kindle.
Besides being the only device that will put over 230,000 books at your fingertips (plus your favorite magazine, papers, and blogs) it is the only e-Reader on the market that offers such a huge range of features. After getting to see this one for myself, I have my own Kindle on order, and I do suggest you use the link below to check the latest actual customer reviews yourself.